As a not-for-profit organization, our work is supported by volunteer work, donations, grants, individual and business contributions, and income from related service revenues.
We welcome you to join our family of donors with a tax-deductible gift to Special Needs Services, or by volunteering your time.
St. Vincent’s Special Needs Services is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that provides programs and services to individuals with multiple developmental disabilities. With your help, we can continue to provide quality services to the children and adults in our care.
Here are just some ways your donations can help:
By supporting our adaptive equipment fund, your donation can help a child or adult to:
- Walk with specialized equipment
- Play with a toy
- Feed themselves
By donating toward our recreational program fund, your donation can help a child or adult to:
- Attend a play, museum or sporting event
- Take a train ride
- Go to summer camp
These are just a few examples of how your donation can help! Please consider donating to help us provide vital care and important services to the special individuals we serve.
Thank you for your generosity!
Click Here To Donate Today
Experience the rewards of volunteering and make a positive difference in the lives of the children or adults in our care.
Since 1955, St. Vincent’s Special Needs Services has been a trusted provider of special education, therapeutic programs, daytime recreational, work services programs, and residential services for children and adults with multiple developmental disabilities and special health care needs.
Programs for children and their families originate from the Feroleto Children’s Development Center in Trumbull. The Changing Images Adult Day Program for adults 21+ is located in Stratford. Each year, more than 400 children, adults and their families attend St. Vincent’s Special Needs Services programs and receive services.
We would be delighted to have you become part of a very special group of people: VOLUNTEERS OF ST. VINCENT’S SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES. Most of our volunteers serve 3-4 hours per day, once or twice a week in various capacities.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Reading to a child or adult
- Helping with art activities
- Assist with adapted game play
- Helping with gross motor activities
- Accompanying a group on a trip in the community
- Participating in a one-time special activity
Benefits Of Volunteering:
- Get involved in the community
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Gain new skills and knowledge
- Feel rewarded and appreciated
- Develop life skills
- Enhance your resume
- Experience unique opportunities
- Have some fun!
All Volunteers Are Required To Complete The Following:
- A health assessment form signed by your physician
- Drug screening and PPD provided by St. Vincent’s
- A criminal background and DCF background check
- Provide two letters of reference
For more information about current volunteer opportunities or to schedule a tour, contact us at 475.210.5591.