Tired of living with back and sciatic pain?
This new treatment option may be right for you.
If you live with chronic back pain and have ever been told you need spine surgery, you want the best outcome possible. Now, Hartford HealthCare is providing more advanced treatment options for spine surgery than ever before with the Mazor X robotic surgical system. Hartford HealthCare is the first in the state of Connecticut and the Northeast to offer this advanced technology.
Conditions Treated with the Mazor X
The Mazor X system is used to treat conditions like spinal stenosis, scoliosis and spondylolisthesis. Patients with these conditions often suffer with debilitating symptoms like:
- Low back pain
- Leg pain
- Uneven legs, hips or shoulders
- Abnormal gait
- Breathing difficulties when the rib cage puts pressure on the lungs
When left untreated, deformity can progress. For milder cases, your doctor may recommend nonsurgical treatment options. In progressive cases, however, your doctor may recommend surgery to straighten and fixate the spine with implants and other hardware.
What is a Spinal Fusion?
Spinal fusion is the process of fusing two or more vertebrae together to create a single continuous bone. It is used to treat broken vertebrae, a spinal deformity, spinal instability, or chronic low back pain. Surgeons often use implanted plates, screws or rods to hold and graft the bone to promote healing.
Benefits of Mazor X Robotic Spine Surgery
Mazor X incudes three integrated processes – Planning, Guidance, Verification – to assure greater predictability and precision during your procedure. This technology has benefits for patients:
- Gives surgeons the ability to pre-plan your spine surgery using 3D software to create the ideal procedure for every patient’s individualized condition
- Guides the surgeon’s tools according to the pre-determined blueprint to place implants safety and accurately
- Provides a sophisticated visualization system so surgeons can more accurately place hardware during spine procedures
- May reduce the risk of exposure to radiation from imaging typically used during surgery
- Minimizes the likelihood of needing future back surgeries thanks to enhanced precision
- Preserves surrounding healthy tissues and may result in fewer complications, less pain and quicker return to daily activities
Hartford HealthCare Hospitals Using Mazor X