Hartford HealthCare is proud to announce that the Chase Family Movement Disorders Center was recently appointed as an Information & Referral Center by the American Parkinson Disease Association.
This Center serves as a resource for those with Parkinson's disease and their loved ones as well as healthcare providers.
Chase Family Movement Disorders Center is 1 of 22 Information and Referral Centers in the entire country! Patients, caregivers, healthcare providers and the greater community can receive support regardless of their affiliation with Hartford HealthCare or any other medical facility.
The Center has a dedicated Information and Referral Center Coordinator, Amanda Brill, who connects and provides resources from the state and national organization directly to the patient and family. She is under the medical direction of Dr. Joy DeMarcaida, Neurologist and Movement Disorder Specialist associated with Chase Family Movement Disorders Center of Hartford HealthCare.
Services provided by the APDA Information and Referral Center include:
- A telephone helpline (860.734.6393)
- A comprehensive referral network and strong relationships with all Movement Disorders Specialist across the state
- Support group assistance
- Educational symposia
- Development of unique services and programs that benefit the Parkinson’s Disease community
- Counseling and guidance
- Information updates to those on the Center’s mailing list through newsletters
- Training and support for healthcare professionals
Other services provided by the Information and Referral Center
If you would like to visit us in person, or for questions regarding education, support groups, conferences, community activities, etc., please call the APDA Information & Referral Coordinator at 860.734.6393 or use our online inquiry form.