Windham Hospital is a 130-bed acute care hospital which has served 19 communities in Eastern CT for nearly 80 years. With a staff of more than 800 committed to excellence in quality and service for the region, Windham boasts a state-of-the-art Emergency Department that consistently ranks in the highest percentiles of customer satisfaction. The hospital also offers convenient and modern satellite services including two Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Clinics and a Center for Women's Health offering mammography, bone density and integrative health.
There are on-campus support services for patients of Windham Hospital including a Cardiac Rehabilitation Center and Lipid Clinic, Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Pain Management Services. Community education is an important component of Windham Hospital's vision to improve the health of the community. To achieve this goal, diabetes education, childbirth education, integrative health services, cancer support groups and ongoing community health forums are offered.
More than 200 affiliated medical staff bring specialties and diagnostic disciplines in the areas of Surgery, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynocology, Critical Care, Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology , Oncology, Endocrinolgy, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Nephrology, Sleep Medicine, and Pain Management.
Fast FactsPresident & CEO: Stephen Larcen, PhD
Licensed bed capacity: 130
Inpatient discharges: 5,352
Inpatient days: 20,714
Outpatient surgical procedures: 5,663
Imaging Studies & Radiology Treatments: 62,063
Respiratory/Pulmonary Tests & Procedures: 28,316
Sleep Studies: 805
Emergency Department visits: 30,914
Satellite Services: Center for Women's Health, Mansfield; Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Clinics, Storrs & Willimantic; MedEast Walk In Centers, Tolland & Willimantic; Two Student Health Centers at Windham Middle and High Schools.
- Lowest-cost acute-care provider in Connecticut for last four years, beginning in 2006 according to the Connecticut Hospital Association (CHA).
- Recent Emergency Department patient satisfaction ratings in top 3 percent nationwide
- The first and longest accredited sleep program in Eastern CT at the Windham Hospital Center for Sleep Medicine.
- Paramedic team is first and only fully certified medical transport team in the State.
- Fully accredited, award-winning two year regional program in radiologic technology studies
- 2010 Corporate Citizen of the Year award from the Windham Region Chamber of Commerce
112 Mansfield Ave
Willimantic, CT 06226