For more than a century, VNA HealthCare has been helping people live independently at home by providing nursing, rehabilitation and additional services such as social workers, registered dietitians, home care aides and personal care attendants.
Most people would rather be at home and VNA HealthCare assists when the needs of individuals cannot be managed alone or when there are complex or medically skilled needs. The VNA HealthCare team works closely with the family and the physician to develop and follow a personal care plan.
VNA HealthCare has experienced financial counselors to assist with insurance questions and payment options. VNA HealthCare is also active in the community providing flu clinics every fall. VNA HealthCare's service area includes Greater Hartford and Waterbury.
- behavioral health counseling
- cardiac care
- geriatric care management
- meals on wheels/catered with care
- home health telemonitoring
- hospice care and bereavement groups
- lifeline personal emergency response system
- volunteer social support
- wellness clinics and education programs
Fast FactsPresident & CEO: Ellen Rothberg
Total admissions: 13,494
Branch offices: 6
Operating revenue: $57.2 million
- Hospice program continued 20 consecutive months with 100 percent of families reporting they would recommend VNA HealthCare Hospice to others.
- Awarded $501,000 Community Investment Grant from United Way of Central & Northeastern Connecticut to support home health care, independent living, Meals on Wheels services and Nurturing Families program.
- Offices in New Britain, Plainville and Cheshire consolidated into new Central Region Office in Southington.
- Vice President of Human Resources Fred Lauria earned Lifetime Achievement Award from Capital Workforce Partners for years of service to the organization and efforts to promote workforce development in Greater Hartford.
- Independent Living Services received 2012 Community Partner of the Year Award from Goodwill Industries for Meals on Wheels Program, which celebrated 50th anniversary.
- Developed new care transition role and garnered significant grant support in partnership with Jefferson House to assist seniors in moving through the continuum of care and helping prevent hospital readmissions.
1290 Silas Deane Highway
Wethersfield, CT 06109