At Rushford, the challenges of addiction and mental health issues are met by the passion of specialists who treat every client with care, compassion and respect — throughout their time with us, and even after. Helping others isn't just what we do. It's who we are.
Rushford is one of Connecticut's leading providers of addiction and mental health services. Accredited by the Joint Commission, Rushford is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs.
Changing lives, saving lives.
Every year, right here in Connecticut, we meet more than 6,600 children, adults and families dealing with the devastating effects of addiction and mental health issues. Many benefit highly from our prevention and wellness programs, while more than half receive treatment in our evidence-based outpatient and residential programs, including our remarkable Stonegate residential treatment center for adolescent boys.
A Hartford HealthCare Center of Excellence, and a leader in substance use prevention and treatment for more than 35 years, Rushford has been recognized by the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services for its research-based treatment models and proven prevention initiatives.
- Prevention and Wellness
- Acute Care and Evaluation (Detox)
- Residential Addiction Treatment
- Partial Hospital Programs
- Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Medication Management
- Individual, Group and Family Therapy
- Crisis Evaluation and Stabilization
- Community Support
- Programs for Spanish-speaking clients
Close to home, so help is within reach.
Rushford has locations in five Connecticut municipalities, including:
- Durham – Rushford at Stonegate provides residential substance use and addiction programs for adolescent males ages 13 to 18. Tutoring is available. Rushford Academy provides residential treatment to adolescents involved with the Connecticut Department of Children and Families (ages 13-17).
- Glastonbury – Intensive outpatient substance use and addiction treatment programs for adolescents and adults (13+).
- Meriden – Comprehensive behavioral health treatment, substance use and addiction treatment and prevention programs for all ages. Community support services for adults.
- Middletown – Residential and outpatient substance use and addiction treatment programs, including detox, for adult men and women (18+).
- Portland – Rushford at Stonehaven offers an intermediate residential substance use and addiction treatment program for adult men and women (18+).
883 Paddock Avenue
Meriden CT 06450