Natchaug Hospital is the key provider of a regional system of care for children, adolescents and adults who are living with mental illness and substance abuse problems.
In addition to the hospital's 57-bed inpatient facility in Mansfield Center, CT, Natchaug also provides treament in nine community-based programs offering services such as partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment programs, extended day treatment programs, intensive in-home child and adolescent psychiatric services, K-12 special education, and a residential treatment program for adolescent girls.
Natchaug's treatment facilities are located in Danielson, Dayville, Enfield, Groton, Mansfield Center, Montville, Norwich, Old Saybrook, Vernon, and Willimantic.
Fast FactsPresident & CEO: Stephen Larcen, PhD
Inpatient Beds: 70 (57 acute care, 13 residential)
Total Admissions FY 2009: 4,717 (1,896 children & adolescents; 2,821 adults)
Inpatient Treatment Program:
- Treat 57 clients on a daily basis in three programs (child, adolescent and adult) at the Mansfield location
- Average length of stay, 5-13 days
- Intermediate Care program average length of stay, 45 days
Residential Treatment Program:
- Average daily census: 12 adolescent girls
- All residents are connected with the juvenile justice system
- Average length of stay, 9 months
Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs (eight locations):
- Treat approximately 180 children and adolescents, and 100 adults daily
- Average length of stay in Extended Day Treatment and Intensive In Home programs, 6 months
- Average length of stay in day and intensive outpatient programs, 6-8 weeks
Clinical Day Treatment special education program (eight Natchaug school locations, plus two Norwich schools operated by Natchaug Hospital):
- Each school day an average of 200 students attend Natchaug Hospital's school programs
- Placement referral made by the local education authority
Natchaug Hospital is one of only six Connecticut facilities that treat both children and adolescents.
Natchaug backs up the psychiatric departments of general hospitals, providing staff-intensive care for particularly challenging patients.
- Eastern Connecticut's primary resource for behavioral health
- One of only 6 facilities in the state admitting children as young as 5 years old for inpatient psychiatric treatment
- Most extensive network and continuum of behavioral health programs for children and adolescents in Connecticut
189 Storrs Road
Mansfield Center CT 06250
(860) 456-1311 or (800) 426-7792