The Hospital of Central Connecticut (THOCC) is a 414-bed, 32-bassinet, acute-care community teaching hospital with campuses in New Britain and Southington. The hospital was created with the 2006 merger of the former New Britain General and Bradley Memorial hospitals.
Hartford HealthCare plans to expand its long-term commitment to the Town of Southington with a proposal to transform The Hospital of Central Connecticut’s Bradley Memorial campus.
Learn more: www.bradleyfuture.com
Affiliated with the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, THOCC provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery and a wide variety of specialties. Specialty centers include the Endocrine and Bone Health Center; cancer services; cardiology; clinical research; Family BirthPlace; Joslin Diabetes Center Affiliate; Joint and Spine Center; psychiatry and behavioral health; Sleep Disorders Center; Vascular Center; Center for Bariatric Surgery, Weigh Your Options Weight Loss Center; Wolfson Palliative Care consult services; and Wound Care Center.
THOCC has a medical staff of more than 400 physicians. Through the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, the hospital participates in residency programs for primary care internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, otolaryngology, and general surgery.
THOCC is a member of the Central Connecticut Health Alliance, a system of healthcare affiliates that provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
SVP & President: Lucille Janatka, SVP & President, Central Region
Licensed bed capacity: 446
Patient Days: 75,467
Emergency visits: 107,064
Inpatient surgeries: 3,534
Ambulatory surgeries: 7,319
Physicians on staff: 435
Operating revenue: $385.6 million
Community benefit: $24.3 million
Main hospital campuses located in New Britain and Southington; outpatient facilities and satellite offices located throughout Central Connecticut.
- One of two Connecticut hospitals recognized for excellence in lactation care by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners® and International Lactation Consultant Association.
- Cancer Center granted three-year accreditation with commendation by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
- American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognized Stroke Center through Target: Stroke, a national quality campaign; and awarded Stroke Center a Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- All Heart Cardiac Rehabilitation Program certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Comprehensive Breast Center recognized by the National Consortium of Breast Centers Inc. as Certified Quality Breast Center.
- One of two Connecticut hospitals participating in the American Joint Replacement Registry, which aims to improve patient outcomes through data collection on all primary and revision total joint replacement procedures in the United States.
AddressNew Britain General campus:
100 Grand Street
New Britain, CT 06050
Bradley Memorial campus:
81 Meriden Avenue
Southington, CT 06489