Hartford Hospital is an 867-bed regional referral center that provides high-quality care in all clinical disciplines. It is one of the largest teaching hospitals and tertiary care centers in New England with one of the region's busiest surgical practices. It has been training physicians for nearly 130 years, primarily in collaboration with the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. It includes The Institute of Living, a 114-bed mental health facility with a national and international reputation for excellence.
The hospital's active medical staff includes more than 1,000 physicians and dentists within 17 departments.
Major centers of clinical excellence include cardiology, oncology, emergency services and trauma, mental health, women's health, orthopedics, bloodless surgery and advanced organ transplantation. Hartford Hospital owns and operates the state's only air ambulance system, LIFE STAR and maintains Hartford's only level-one trauma center.
Hartford Hospital is dedicated to providing each and every patient with the highest-quality health care available anywhere. Quality is made up of many elements, including excellent, efficient clinical care and superb customer service. Hartford Hospital is committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety, and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
Fast FactsPresident & CEO: Jeffrey A. Flaks
Licensed bed capacity: 867
Employees: Over 7,000 Employees
Total Revenues: $829,898,161
Total Expenses: $824,838,300
Gross Revenue: $1,714,431,648
Emergency Visits: 90,108
Outpatient Visits: 95,818
Patient Days: 215,958
Average Length of Stay: 5.24 days
Total Surguries: 26,104
Locations: Hartford, Avon, Bloomfield, Enfield, Glastonbury, West Hartford, Wethersfield, Windsor
- National Cancer Institute designation: the Helen & Harry Gray Cancer Center is one of 14 hospitals nationwide chosen to participate in a new program ("NCCCP") that promises to help bring stateoftheart cancer care to patients in community hospitals across the US
- Accredited Chest Pain Center: the Hartford Hospital Chest Pain Center was the first in Connecticut to be designated "Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI."
- Silver Performance Achievement Award the Henry Low Heart Center received this honor from the National Cardiovascular Data Registry.
- The Lance Armstrong Foundation: Hartford Hospital received one of eight national community grants to develop a unique resource program for breast cancer survivors.
- The Stroke Center Joint Commission Designation: The Stroke Center became the first in all New England to receive the Joint Commission's prestigious Certificate of Distinction for Primary Stroke Centers.
- Blue Distinction Center: Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Connecticut has named Hartford Hospital as one of its Blue Distinction Centers for Rare and Complex Cancers, one of only 84 such centers in the US.
- ASMBS Center of Excellence: the Surgical Weight Loss Program has been designated a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT 06102